Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Prayer for my Mother.



Dear God,

Today I just received a phone call from my sister In-Law with not a good news; My mother is 86 years old and now that I am no longer young, I have friends whose mothers have passed away. I have heard these sons and daughters say they never fully appreciated their mothers until it was too late to tell them.

Dear God,

I turn to you to give you thanks for my mother who is still alive. With your own gift of life, she bore me in her womb and gave me life. She tenderly, patiently cared for me and taught me to walk and talk. She read to me and made me laugh. No one delighted in my successes more; no one could comfort me better in my failures. I am so grateful for how she mothered me and mentored me, and even disciplined me. I appreciate her more each day. My mother does not change, but I do. As I grow older, I realize what an beautiful and pleasant person she is. How sad that I am unable to speak these words in her presence, but they flow easily from my pen. How does a Son begin to thank her mother for life itself? For the love, patience and just plain hard work that go into raising a child? Today, she needs me more than anything and I unable to assist her the same way she cares for me but Dear God you know me and know my heart, my soul, my feelings that I care even for my enemies. Dear God; Today I pray for a miracle for my mother (Candida), please touch her, and cause this problem to right itself, bring healing and deliverance, and touch her with your peace that passes understanding. Help her to hold onto her faith, as you work in her life. We give you praise ahead of time, for what you are willing to do. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments: